Magazines and websites edited and published in the United States are eligible to enter the ASME Best Cover Contest. Covers from magazine special-interest and newsstand-only publications may be entered. Other creators and publishers of magazine-like content, including newspapers and newsletters, are also eligible. Marketing and promotional magazines and websites are not eligible.
No image may be entered without the approval of the magazine or website that published it. The contest administrators reserve the right to determine if a publication qualifies for entry.
Entry fees for ASME members are $95 per entry. Entry fees for nonmembers are $195. Late entries are subject to an additional $45 fee per entry. Editors who join ASME before December 15, 2021, are entitled to pay ASME-member entry fees for the 2022 ASME Best Cover Contest. To apply for ASME membership, visit asme.media/membership.
To submit content published after the deadline for entry, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.872.3737. Entry fees will not be refunded under any circumstances.
|RULES AND ELIGIBILITY
- Print entries must be dated 2021 (entries dated December 2021/January 2022 or an equivalent, such as Fall 2021/Winter 2022, are eligible; entries dated December 2020/January 2021 are not).
- Digital entries must have been largely produced in 2021. Screenshots may be requested to verify publication dates.
- An entry consists of one print or digital image, including GIFs. Print and digital versions of the same cover may also be submitted as one entry.
- Split covers may be entered but, for the purposes of the contest, will be considered as one cover. An additional fee will be charged for entries consisting of split covers.
- The same image, in original or adapted form, cannot be submitted in more than one category.
- Publications can submit no more than four entries in any category.
- The nomination of any publication more than once in any category is subject to the approval of the ASME Board of Directors.
- Each entry must include a statement no longer that 100 words explaining why the entry merits recognition. Entries must include the name of the chief editor, the art director, the photography editor if applicable and the photographer or illustrator.
How the Winners of the ASME Best Cover Contest Are Chosen
Judging groups composed of leading editors, art directors and photo editors choose five finalists, including a winner, in each category. A list of the judges is published when the winners of the awards are announced. The ASME Board of Directors chooses the ASME Cover of the Year from the winners in the 10 ASME Best Cover Contest categories. Awards may be withheld in any category in which the entries fall below the standard of excellence set by the ASME Board of Directors or in which the number of entries is deemed insufficient by the administrators.
How the Winners of the ASME Readers’ Choice Awards Are Chosen
All ASME Best Cover Contest entries are posted on Facebook for four weeks. The cover receiving the most likes is deemed the winner of the ASME Readers’ Choice Award. Winners are also recognized in each of the 10 categories. In 2022, covers will be posted on Facebook from Tuesday, February 1, to Monday, February 28 (covers are rotated to ensure maximum visibility).
HOW TO ENTER
- All entries must be submitted online at asmebestcovercontest.org.
- Images must be formatted as high-resolution JPEGs. Links to the image in context may also be required.
- Barcodes should be removed from print covers.
- Entrants are advised to visit the website before preparing submissions.
Entry fee for ASME members: $95 per entry
Entry fee for nonmembers: $195 per entry
Deadline for Entry: 9:00 p.m. EST, January 26, 2022
Late entries will be accepted until 9:00 p.m. EST on Wednesday, December 22, 2021, subject to an additional $45 fee per entry. Entries received after that date may be accepted at the discretion of the administrators of the awards but will be subject to a $95 late fee. Entries consisting of content published after December 15, 2021, will be accepted without penalty until Tuesday, January 4, 2022.
JAN. 26 Deadline for Entry 9:00 p.m. EST
FEB. 1 Readers’ Choice Awards Voting Begins on Facebook
FEB. 28 Readers’ Choice Awards Voting Ends on Facebook
JUN. 16 Winners and Finalists Announced on Twitter